Hardy Garden Club - Horticulture Show Rules
1. Please read the General Rules.
2. All specimens must have been in exhibitor’s possession at least 3 months unless otherwise noted.
3. Common and botanical names are recommended.
4. Some staging containers and wedging material may be supplied by the committee.
5. The length of a cut specimen is measured from the tip to the cut.
6. All specimens must be in water unless otherwise noted.
7. Classes may be subdivided by the committee or the judges.
8. Par classes: An exhibit of outstanding horticultural merit that does not qualify for entry in the horticulture schedule. To be judged against perfection. No orchids. No hanging plants. An entry that qualifies for a class in the schedule in every way except size does not qualify.
9. Certain classes may have instructions attached, such as: a tulip should be shown with 2 leaves, or rhododendrons - only one truss is shown, not a branch.