Hardy Garden Club - Floral Design Rules
1. Please read the General Rules.
2. All flowers for artistic class must be grown by the exhibitor or may be obtained from other Club members unless otherwise specified in schedule.
3. If forced to withdraw, en exhibitor must find a substitute unless there is a waiting list for the class. The Flower Show Chairman must be notified of any change.
4. All arrangements should include fresh and/or dried plant material. Artificial plant material is not allowed.
5. Mechanics should not be visible unless they are an integral part of the design.
6. Locally invasive plants, diseased plant material, artificial plant material, live animals (including fish), taxidermy, natural birds’ nests, feathers of any kind and protected sea life including coral, are prohibited.
7. Judging will be based on the principals of design: balance, contrast, dominance, proportion and scale; and the elements of design: light, space, form, color, texture, pattern and size. Creativity is important, as is distinction and conformance to class schedule.